Left 4 Dead 2: Baseball bat pre-order 'bonus'.

7 September 2009

Left $ Dead 2
The rather annoying in-game pre-order bonus fashion continues, this time courtesy of Valve.

Pre-order Left 4 Dead 2 on either PC or Xbox 360 and you'll get the exclusive melee weapon the Baseball Bat available in your game. It's not just a re-skin of another weapon either; the baseball bat will have its own handling and damage characteristics.

Interestingly if you don't have the bat but join a game with someone who does, the weapon will be available to you for the duration of the game. How thoughtful!


I've already posted about how I don't like this new in-game bonus trend and I have to say I'm rather disappointed in Valve for jumping on this bandwagon of bullshit.

As a big fan of Valve and Left 4 Dead this news certainly won't stop me buying the game; I just thought they were above this kind of stunt. Guess we all better pre-order Half Life 2: Episode 3 if we want the crowbar eh?

Top Blogs


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP